Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Get a clue with Nancy Drew!

I found this fabric, Get a Clue with Nancy Drew, on sale at Craftsy last week and had to get it!!!!  I bought 2 charm packs and since there were so many colors in it, I also bought some Kona Cotton in black to go with it.

Sale FABRIC 5" Charm Pack NANCY DREW Get A Clue by Moda

A friend suggest the Disappearing 4 patch pattern from Quilting Quickly's Winter 2013 issue on page 11.  What a perfect pattern for this!!!  And to name the quilt.... Nancy Drew and the Disappearing Four Patch!

I might make the border wider so the quilt is a little bigger.  Maybe even add some inner borders, I'm not sure yet.

The pattern is basically making a four patch and then slicing it.  Well out of  the 42 blocks I made, I cut one wrong!!!  I need every one!!!  No one sells this around here so what was I going to do?

I was a little devastated.  I kept going and sewed all the other blocks without a problem.  At first I had tried to make it work, but it was pretty ugly.  I sewed it together twice and didn't like either result.  Finally I took the whole block apart, arranged it to work with the wonky dimensions I left myself, and sewed it up again.


I was a little happier and it wasn't as horrible as the previous attempts.

While sewing, I put some of the blocks up on my portable design wall for inspiration.

Now that the blocks are complete, I've been laying them out on the floor and taking picture to see if I've missed something.  I've rearranged them several times and this is where I'm at now.  Trying for random. Though the book spine print forms an X across the quilt.

Gotta love that button rug from Ikea.  It looks good with these colors! It makes the sewing room happy.

More later!


No comments:

Post a Comment