Friday, March 28, 2014

I finally got to sew!!!!

I've been wanting to sew for the last week or so.  I finally got to yesterday!  I went crazy and was so happy! =)

Even though I have a few projects to finish, I started something new....but it was for Easter, so it's okay, right?!?!?!

I pick this up on a camping trip last July in Williamsburg, VA.  It is called Easter Chick.  It is from Love 2 Quilt & More Designs.  It uses 30's fabric.  I bought the whole kit.  I like applique, but this fuzzy chick is crazy!  This is my progress so far:

Assembing my blocks from the 30's jelly roll strips

 

The first four random blocks, 5 more to go!


Here are the nine blocks all arranged.  I ended up with only two squares of the same fabric touching. I tried over and over again to make it work.  I was hoping to cover it with the applique... oh well!


I like applique, but this fuzzy chick is crazy.  I got it cut out, but I think I'm not going around the edge on this when I go to embellish the applique!  I'm gonna be creative! 


Applique is on! 


I even did the borders and......


....pieced a back from the left overs!


I was being so productive that I finally pieced the Nancy Drew top!!!


Waiting on some fabric for borders to make it bigger.  I have some yellow, twill type sweatshirt fabric I'm going to use on the back, gotta raid my stash and use it up!

I hope to finish the Easter Chick quilt today.  And maybe even quilt one of the many tops waiting to be quilted in my closet!!!!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment