Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Attemps at EPP

Well I've decided to give English Paper Piecing, EPP, a try.  Here is another tool for my tool box so to speak.

One  of my craftsy boxes came with a EPP project Stars in the Night.  I thought I would give it a try.



I've cut my fabric pieces with my birthday gift, a Brother ScanNCut.  Got my little take along kit with thread, papers and my fabric pieces, thread and .....needle, or so I thought.  I forgot the needle the first time I took it along with me! I have now added the needle...

I gave it a try, here are a few pictures of my progress.  The fronts only, not too sure about the backs being very pretty.  I do think hexagons would have prettier back.  Maybe after I've made a few stars I'll show the back...





Not too bad for a first try.  Hand sewing isn't my favorite type of sewing....

My goal is going to try a star a day.  I realized I didn't cut all the fabric I need for this project.  I need to find the black fabric I want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment