Wednesday, May 18, 2016

MD S&W Festival

The first weekend in May is the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival at the Howard County Fairgrounds.  This year Donna (my quilty friend) and I went on Sunday. It was a beautiful day and there was so much to see! There are vendors from all over the world!  One I talked to was from Sweden.

One of the first stops was the Woolbuddy booth.  I ended up getting the variety pack with book. The guy behind Woolbuddy is an animator from Lucas Films.

Here are a few of the animals we made so far.... Since I also spin, I have a ton of wool to make more.

We also checked out the the cute animals around the festival.

Day old baby lamb! So cute!


Adorable alpacas!

 Must see the sheep dogs do their thing!

You'll also see Angora Rabbits around the festival.  Even people spinning directly from them!

Lots and lots of vendors to see and yarn to touch!  There is also handmade soap, pottery, and for the men in your lives - knife makers to name a few. Almost saw them all, we really tried. There is always next year! Check them out!  Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment