Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bonus fabric!

After going through my fabric stash, that has been boxed up since we moved in 1995, I have discovered bonus fabric! Over the past years, I have gone through these boxes every once in awhile. But in the last month I have dug through them at least three or four times. I got tired of trying to remember what was in each box, so I took out some fabric and scraps I could use in my quilting.

Tada, bonus fabric!

Since making the scrappy mountain majesty quilt (shown below) with all those plaids, I pulled out more plaids to make another one for me! Sweet! Looks like it will be blues, purples and pinks!

Since they were packed up for so long, I put them in the washer. Here is what it looked like after they came out of the dryer.

I then proceeded to untangle them and iron them. Here they are all ironed and sorted.

While digging through this I found a receipt for one of those quarter yard cuts. It must be from the 70's because it only cost 78 cents! This must have been from my mom's collection.

Some of these fabrics date back to the seventies because they are 36"wide. I'm so excited that I can use one of these yellows and some of those blues for my Celtic Solstice mystery quilt. Which so far has come from my stash!

I have since gone through the boxes another time to pull out the knits and flannels I have, plus some solids to add to the collection. I can use some of them to make some shirts and leggings for my granddaughter.

Happy sewing and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment