Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Celtic Solstice link up part 1

Here is my Monday link up for part one of the Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt.

I'm in the process of finishing another project so I haven't gotten much done yet on the mystery. But I did manage to sew 6 blocks! Here they are. I'm going through all of my fabric stash. Some of this is from the late 90's.

I had bought triangle rulers before the mystery was ever revealed. I wish they were tri recs and tri tools, but they weren't. I made a good guess and have figured it out. A quick double check using my friend's tri recs confirmed I was on the right road! Now that I've figured it out, I plan on chain piecing the rest I cut.

In the meantime, while searching my entire stash, I've found some things I've been looking for! I've also found some more fabric to use. Now if I can just remember where I saw a perfect neutral with a little golfer on it....

I hope everyone is having fun with this mystery. This is my first one, so I can't wait to see what is revealed!

This is the other project I'm trying to finish. It's a quilt for my cousin who is sick.

Here is a glimpse of my cousin's quilt. It is one of Bonnie Hunter's free quilt patterns, Scrappy Mountain Majesties. I wanted a primitive look and decided to go with meandering. I still need to trim it and bind it, but it should be done by Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Yay on joining in the mystery and on your other Bonnie quilt, which looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've gotta start on part two..... Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Glad you figured out the Peaky and Spike units. Both the mystery and the Scrappy Mountains look great.

    Barbara in MD
    www.stashoverflow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quilt was so much fun! We made enough blocks to make two quilts! The other is going to a friend who just deployed for a year. I love how it turned out. I need to work on my Blue Ridge Beauty and finish it. That will give me more neutrals and blues for Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt.
      What part of MD are you in? I'm in southern MD.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete