Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas is coming

Christmas is coming, but I haven't really decorated yet. Hopefully today.

Yesterday I was inspired by the Christmas bunting that Connecting Threads blog - Quilt with Us shared from the Freshly Handmade blog.

I just had to make it! I had the red plaid binding left over from my cousin's quilt. I also had some burlap left over from another project. I got my slice machine out to cut the letters. I used the 'tis the season design card.

First I went thru my old christmas fabric scraps, then I cut them out and started to assemble everything. I then realized I didn't like that fabric with the binding.



Since I still had some primitive homespun fabric left, I figured it would worked better with the burlap, so this would be perfect! So I cut those letters out. It looked better. There wasn't much contrast because the burlap was dark, but if you go with the primitive look, I think it works.  One thing about the burlap, it killed my new rotary blade!  It was brand new!!!!  Oh well.  Live and learn....

Now it is up on the mantle. Step one to start my Christmas decorating!
I'm so glad that Freshly Handmade and Quilt with Us shared this! Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment