Sunday, December 1, 2013

Getting back to the blog...

Well, it has been awhile. I've been using fb to document my quilting activities, but I've thought it might be better to take advantage of my blog to keep track of everything here.

I've been following Bonnie Hunter's blog, Quiltville for awhile now. Recently she shared the quilt she made for her brother who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It's called scrappy mountain majesties - it is in her free patterns. My cousin was diagnosed with prostate cancer this summer and my husband was wondering when I was going to make a quilt for him. So when Bonnie shared her story and this quilt, it was exactly what I was looking for! I wanted something primative looking and I had some homespun and I had a friend with more homespun who jumped on the band wagon with me! We had enough for two quilts! Last night I got the news he doesn't have long, so my side kick and I got sewing tonight and finished the top. Our plan is to quilt it tomorrow. Hopefully I can bind it and drive it up to him by Thursday.

On the design wall

Completed top

I also hope to get started on Bonnie's mystery quilt Celtic Solstice Mystery. I've already picked thru all my scraps to get started. Hopefully I can get a couple blocks done before the next part comes out.

My colors picked from my stash/scraps

My yellow?!?!

Okay, I know there is a blue background in this print. But from a distance it is overwhelming yellow. So, I'm going to see how this goes.... Plus I have plenty of it! ;) I do need to work on my neutrals. The ones I have might be too tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment